Our Young Learner Summer Programme combines morning English classes with fun and varied activities to ensure students learn as much English as possible while having a fun and exciting time.
- students are met at the airport by school staff and transferred to their accommodation
- students are accompanied on all excursions, providing many opportunities for English practice
- all staff including Teachers, Activity Leaders, Drivers and Homestay Hosts have full PVG certification (police background check)
- 20 hours of English lessons per week
- Airport Transfers (Edinburgh Airport)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday
- Local travel pass (in Edinburgh)
- Full afternoon activity programme, two evening social events per week
- A full-day excursion (when staying over a weekend)
- All learning materials and end of course certificate
- A balanced syllabus of speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Qualified, experienced and native English-speaking teachers
- Maximum 15 students per class
Alba English School employs Study Assistants. These are local, native English-speaking teenagers (16 or 17 years old) who assist the teacher in Young Learner classes.
They provide lots of opportunities for students to practice with native English speakers their own age both in the class and when showing them around Edinburgh.
- Homestay hosts provide a welcoming and caring environment
- Hosts are either parents themselves or have experience
- Local bus pass is included
- Cultural activities such as visiting Edinburgh Castle and museums and galleries or taking a ghost tour.
- Fun activities such as climbing Arthur’s Seat hill, Camera Obscura (illusions), pool, bowling and the Chocolate Café in the evening.
- Saturday excursions to the Scottish Highlands or other Scottish towns and cities.
Number of nights
Number of full-day excursions
Price per student in GBP
Groups of 15+
Contact us for Classes only or Classes + Activities only prices in Edinburgh.