Our IELTS exam preparation courses examine the Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening parts of the exam to make sure you are very familiar with the test format. You will learn vocabulary and language structures that you will need in the exam. Learn how to avoid common errors and use the strategies to help you get the best mark.
- part-time evening courses
- full-time courses (20 or 25 hours)
- class sizes from max. 4 – max. 12 students
- suitable for students with a good intermediate level
- you can start at any time
• ...practice exam techniques
• …discover common errors
• …expand your vocabulary
• …work on grammar accuracy
• …practise past papers under exam conditions
• …practise mock speaking and listening tests under exam conditions
• …receive individual feedback on your written work
The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam is an internationally recognised exam used for assessing visa, job and university applications. You can find:
- General English IELTS – mostly for visa applications.
- Academic English IELTS – mostly for entry to universities. (The Alba English IELTS course prepares students for the Academic English format).
Test takers receive a score (Band 1 “non-user” to Band 9 “expert user”). The Entry Requirements for UK universities vary depending on the institution and the course but they usually ask for an IELTS band of between 6.0 and 7.0.
Click on the links for further details about the English language entry requirements of these Edinburgh-based universities:
- Edinburgh University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Napier University
The test centre for Edinburgh is Basil Paterson College. You can book your Academic IELTS exam on the British Council IELTS website. Book early as places fill up quickly. You can check availability here.
£155 (on 7 Feb 2017).