Our General English classes are for students who want to focus on their speaking and listening. Our teachers show you the grammar and vocabulary that will help you communicate. You will also practise some reading and writing for your everyday and working life.
- classes at all levels, from Beginner to Advanced (A1 – C1)
- 2 – 25 hours per week, mornings and evenings
- maximum class size of 12, average class size of less than 6
- General English classes can be combined with exam classes or Active Learning classes
- adult class
Come to our General English classes to…
• …discover real English and the most frequently used English words and expressions
• …talk about many different subjects from the arts to sport and science
• …listen to conversations, radio shows, instructions, meetings and interviews with English speakers from around the world
• …write letters, emails, blogs and your CV/Résumé
• …read articles, interviews, adverts and reports
• …learn about British and Scottish culture
• …have fun with pictures, role-play, real objects, pair work, group work, class discussions, card matching activities, games, debates, brainstorming, projects and many more activities – our classes are like our students: interesting and engaging!
The course aims to help you understand and use frequently used expressions related to everyday life (e.g. basic personal and family information, shopping, getting around, employment).
The course aims to help you understand the main points of clear, standard English on familiar subjects regularly found in work, studies and leisure time. The course helps you to describe experiences, hopes and plans and to give reasons and explanations for opinions.
The course aims to help you understand and express the main ideas and details in English using a variety of expressions, both formal and colloquial. A wide range of vocabulary is introduced to allow you to express yourself in a variety of work, study and social situations.
The course aims to bring your English to the level where you can interact with a level of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers possible without too much effort for either person. You will work with complex reading and listening texts and learn to manipulate a wide range of sentence structures to produce clear, detailed speech and writing.
The course aims to help you understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts and clauses, and to recognize implicit meaning and the nuances of words and expressions. You will work on perfecting your grammar and usage so you can use English flexibly, fluently and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.